Sleep tracking

DRCH
DRCH Member Posts: 3 ✭
5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

Hey ^^ I just wanted to share my journey and exchange with you guys to see how I can improve my sleep level.

Currently I'm tracking my sleep with my Galaxy Watch 6 Classic on a daily basis. It gives me some sweet insights on how long I'm sleeping, but especially how my sleep is structured. At the moment I'm a bit short on my deep sleep phases but I try to get this back up by sticking to my regular schedule (I tend to stay awake for way too long :D)

I'm also thinking about getting a Withings sleep analyzer, but haven't decided yet.

Does anyone have some recommendations, or tricks to get a better sleep? Or how do you track your sleep?

Comments

• DS_Adam
    DS_Adam Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 41 Staff
    5 Likes First Comment Combo Breaker Name Dropper

So I've been using a smartwatch.

It's good, but I'm a bit tired of wearing around a clunky watch all night. I've recently looked into smart rings and baked one on indigogo. I think that would bother me less than wearing a thing on my wrist all night.

I'm also looking into a physical cooling solution (Like a circulating cold water pad). πŸ˜…

• Aathif M
    Aathif M Administrator Posts: 9 Staff
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2023

I have been using TicWatch Pro 5 as my sleep tracker for while now,

It's always been mixed feeling for me, when wearing the smartwatch during the sleep but other hand, having the sleep data allowed me to consider sleep as top most priority.

Therefore same as @DS_Adam I was looking for some alternative to track my sleep that should not get in my way.

• DougMcDougal
    DougMcDougal Member Posts: 7 ✭
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hey! This seems like a fun community. I'm not using anything at the moment to track sleep, but I'm looking to start. I see smart watches and rings seem to be the most things now a days, but is there something else that I don't have to wear that can track my sleep?

• Wissou
    Wissou Member Posts: 2 ✭
    5 Likes First Comment

I also have my ticwatch 5 pro for also tracking, it's really interesting to see data points and actually do A B testing with different methods or sleep aids and see the effects.

• DS_Adam

Hey Wissou! We're hoping to see if there are some other companies that we may be able to partner with in the future that would be able to help all our community sleep a bit better, and learn a bit more on how they "actually" sleep.

Are there some companies that you or others are super interested in?

• OceanDreamer
    OceanDreamer Member Posts: 67 ✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Hello! 😊

Thank you so much for opening up about your sleep journey! It's always great to connect with others who are on a similar quest for better sleep.

Regarding your deep sleep phases, it's awesome that you're working on getting those back on track. One thing I've found helpful is creating a relaxing bedtime routine to signal to my body that it's time to wind down. Things like reading a book, taking a warm bath, or practicing some gentle stretches can really help.

Also, if you're open to it, consider trying out mindfulness or meditation before bedtime. It can do wonders for calming the mind and promoting deeper, more restful sleep.

• pf12
    pf12 Member Posts: 67 ✭

Creating a relaxing bedtime routine sounds like a great idea, and I'll definitely give it a try. I could use some more relaxation in my evening routine, and I've heard that it can make a significant difference in sleep quality.

Mindfulness and meditation also sound intriguing. It's something I haven't explored before, but I'm open to trying new approaches to enhance my sleep. Anything that can help calm the mind and promote deeper rest sounds like a win in my book.

Thanks again for your thoughtful advice and support. Here's to better sleep for all of us! πŸ˜΄πŸŒ™ #SleepImprovementJourney

• OceanDreamer

I used to track my sleep with my old smartwatch.

After reading this ill start tracking again to check if there are any differences regarding my sheets

• pf12

And that was something I didn't think about but im thrilled to try aswell!

• GreenMango
    GreenMango Member Posts: 66 ✭

Have you observed any difference with your sheets so far?

• DKnight89
    DKnight89 Member Posts: 61 ✭
    First Comment

Sadly, I dont own a smart watch yet . Once I get one, I'll be sure to do my own experiment.

• ValetViewer
    ValetViewer Member Posts: 62 ✭

Never though you could use your smartwatch to check if you get a better sleep with another pair of sheets.

• OceanDreamer

I already started my own sleep tracking journey, Ill be sure to update here once i get the efficient data

• pf12

I'd be amazed if I saw another person improving his sleep routine with this

• GreenMango

Im just sticking around to check out the process

• DKnight89
    First Comment

Believe in the process my friend, no great city has been built in one night!

• OceanDreamer

Consistency is the key guys, consider yourself a beta team

• pf12

This can be done in a full timeline version

• pf12

Beta award is my suggestion πŸ‘½οΈ

• GreenMango

Every day live sleep posting

• DKnight89
    First Comment

That would be crazy πŸ˜‚

• ValetViewer
    ValetViewer Member Posts: 62 ✭

Would be the best type of review tho 🀣

• Liehjan
    Liehjan Member Posts: 5 ✭
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

How do you feel about the accuracy of the sleep tracking using a watch. I don't have experience with the Galaxy Watch but I've tried multiple watches from other brands and they all seem to be hit or miss, or rely on an algorithm that is far from optimized. I don't want to sound like a salesman, but if you really want to dig deeper in sleep optimization then Oura is something you should look at as a companion to your watch.

• rockosmz
    rockosmz Member Posts: 7 ✭
    First Comment

Need to get myself a smart watch!

• DS_Adam

I've used OnePlus watch, TicWatch, and some other more off-brand ones. TicWatch tracked the best, I feel, it could even track REM stages. I'll be getting a smart ring here soon, and I'll be comparing that to those.